Sunday, January 9, 2011

2nd Backcountry Day with Jodi

Today Jodi and I did the same backcountry walk we did about a week ago. It was sunny but a hair windy and chilly. We had a very nice walk, got the camera out, and were able to "make some magic"!

Here's a photo of my frozen face and some goggle scenery:



Check Jodi out skiing powder in the Blackcomb backcountry:


Here she is making a bit more aggressive powder turn:


When we got home and I looked at this shot on my computer, it reminded me of the famous shot of Dick Durrance (an early pioneer of ski racing and resort management, including Aspen resort) from the late 40s. You look and tell me if Jodi wasn't channeling this guy!


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures! You may have a new business to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jodi!! You are AMAZING!! :-). I am very impressed! Great photography work, too, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I think Dick was channeling Jodi...and her line is waaay steeper.

    P.S. How come today's the first time I've heard of this blog. Consider this my first "random troll" post.

    ...more to come.

    ReplyDelete