Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beautiful Mountains!

For anyone who watched the last video and saw the "avalanche" part of it - Jodi, the chicken one just wanted to put it in context.... we aren't skiing in areas that are super-dangerous. It's kind of like riding in a car: you wear your seatbelt just in case (or in this case, carry avalanche beacons, etc.) but the few areas that are really high risk don't need to be the ones that are skied. There are tons of beautiful places to ski around here, and between the resort bombing away the risky areas and the really nice wet snow they get out here, it's pretty safe. Here's an awesome picture from Chris's hike and ski today that he did with two buddies.  I'm (Jodi) looking forward to getting a bit more experience on skis and slopes before I try this area!  I took a class and met some other skiers like me, and had a fun day with my new friend Orla from Ireland, who's living in town until April!

No comments:

Post a Comment